Pumpkin Pie Cheesecakes
So this recipe was super fun, not just because it’s another cheesecake, but because I got to make it for Sprout Market – a new DISCOUNT online health store concept that could save and MAKE you MONEY!
You guys already will know that I am quite obsessed with putting veggies in my desserts and one of my favourites would have to be pumpkin – it’s just so versatile in both sweet and savoury dishes. The classic pumpkin pie is always something I’ve wanted to re-create too, because I just don’t think it should be limited to a) Christmas and b) a sugar, gluten and dairy filled option.
So what better way to get creative than with a range of organic products, high quality and super cheap ingredients from Sprout Market! Sprout Market was created by a group of individuals with an avid interest in making healthy living an achievable goal for everyone. Often when you hear the words “shop organic”, “choose natural”, they are accompanied by hefty price tags – Sprout Market strives to remove this barrier and revolutionise the Whole Foods Industry by providing you with organic and natural options at the best prices.
So it’s basically a discount health food store and we are pretty obsessed. You can also earn money from it. Not a joke. First, you have to join up (here) and then ANYONE can become an affiliate & start earning $$.
Now, the recipe. Some particular ingredients worth noting:
- Amazonia Slim & Tone RAW Protein (Vanilla & Cinnamon)
- Not only does it add nutritional benefits, but it also adds a delicious, creamy flavour to these cheesecakes.
- The Raw protein is devised from a formula including bio-fermented pea and brown rice protein which has undergone extensive research to deliver a product that is prebiotic, enhanced with living, raw enzymes, vegan, alkalising, certified organic and FREE from wheat, dairy, eggs, soy, GMOs and nuts. It has a complete amino acid complex, is gentle on the digestive system and the Raw devised formula ensures optimal absorption and bio-availability of the seriously important nutritional benefits!
- HIGHLY recommended for vegans
- SUPER CHEAP on Sprout Market ($36.60, saves you $8.35 off RRP)
- Activated Almonds (2die4 Live Foods)
- These almonds undergo soaking process that deactivates phytates, followed by a long, slow dehydration that keeps the delicate nutrients intact, meaning, more flavour and nutrition.
- Available for $10.60 (Save $2.35)
When making this cheesecake theres no tips or tricks, its simple steps because that’s how I know the majority of us cook (myself included).
NOTE though (and only because I hate starting a recipe and then finding this step half way through) you NEED to put the coconut cream and milk in the fridge 24HOURS prior to starting! That’s the only prep :):)
If you have any questions though, feel free to comment on the post, or contact me via any of the options from the ‘Contact’ tab above!
- ½ cup almonds
- ½ cup coconut
- ¼ flaxmeal or diced tigernuts
- ½ cup rice malt syrup or honey
- 1 cups pumpkin puree
- ½ cup coconut cream (make sure it's set over night)
- ¼ cup Amazonia RAW Vanilla Protein
- 2 tbsp honey
- ½ tsp of ginger, nutmeg and cinnamon
- Caramelised Pumpkin Skins:
- Leftover pumpkin skins
- 2 tbsp shredded coconut
- HOURS BEFORE: put coconut cream in the fridge to solidify the natural fats (and to get the creamy consistency)
- HOUR BEFORE: Steam pumpkin and allow to cool completely before using.
- Add all ingredients into a food processor.
- Line cup cake moulds with baking paper/cup cake liners.
- Press mixture into moulds and then place in the fridge/freezer to harden before adding the filling.
- Put all ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend.
- Add the filling mixture to the moulds (after the bases have set) and return to the freezer.
- Thinly slice pumpkin skins, place in a bowl and evenly cover with Rice Malt Syrup + a combination of ginger, nutmeg and cinnamon spices.
- Add coconut oil to the pan, allow to heat for about a minute and then add pumpkin skins to pan.
- Cook until starting to caramelise.
- Lastly add shredded coconut until coconut browns.
- Top cheesecakes once they have cooled, return to freezer until ready to serve!