Time to boost your gut health? These pancakes are the perfect start!
The digestive system or ‘gut health’ is a buzz term at the moment – but with good reason. It’s been called the body’s second brain, the root of all good and bad in our body and mind.
“All disease begins in the gut.” -Hippocrates
Your gut health or gastrointestinal system is SO important to your overall well-being, both physical and mental. It’s responsible for your immune function, hormone regulation, digestion, toxin elimination, vitamin absorbency and your mental health. And it can also affect your skin.
You can read all the details on probiotics and your skin in our recent blog post here. But essentially, Pre and probiotic food sources serve as fuel for good bacteria. A variety of foods, including fruits, vegetables, seeds and whole grains promotes a perfect environment for microflora – that’s the good stuff, the stuff we want in our gut.
The easiest way we get our dose of pre- and probiotics is through a combination of Pure N Free coconut yoghurt and goodMix Blend11 i.e. delicious pancakes. SO not a CHORE. Just as ‘healthy’ should not be a chore, restoring gut health doesn’t have to be either.
Blend11 is suitable for anyone wishing to support a healthy, comfortable digestion and metabolism. It’s gluten free, diary free, paleo friendly, sugar free, LOW FODMAP Certified, low carb and vegan friendly. It literally ticks every box. And like Lily from Kindred Toxin Free Facials shares, incorporating at least 1 probiotic and prebiotic food source into your daily diet can make drastic improvements in your skin and gut functioning.
So that’s why we created this recipe. It’s something that is super easy, delicious and guilt free but most importantly, rich in both prebiotic and probiotics. It’s the perfect way to start your day and restore or promote optimal gut health!
- 1.5 cups nut milk
- 1 cups gluten free flour
- ½ cup GoodMix Blend11 (activated over night).
- 1 mashed banana
- 1 teaspoon honey/sweetener
- 1 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon Amazonia vanilla protein
- Coconut oil for cooking.
- Pure'N'Free Coconut Yoghurt + fresh fruit for topping.
- Prior to making this recipe, Blend11 needs to be activated. Simply add ½ cup of goodMix with a few tablespoons of water, mix well and leave overnight in the fridge. The seeds will absorb all the water and activate for optimal nutritional absorption.
- First, mash banana in a bowl.
- Then add nut milk, vanilla extra and honey. Mix well.
- Mix through dry ingredients.
- Heat fry pan with a small amount of coconut oil.
- Add two tablespoons of mixture to pan, allow for bubbles to appear before flipping. Cook for a further 1 minute on each side. When cooked, allow to cool before stacking with coconut yoghurt, berries and kiwifruit in between.